I apologize that I did not get folders into the backpacks yesterday. We had a special forest service presentation on raptors, dyed eggs, wrote the how-to instructions, made a class can/have/are chart about rabbits and students wrote facts on the headbands that they made, we read our rabbit books and then BAM it was 12:15 and parents were lining up!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get to enjoy the beautiful weather!
- Andelin Farm field trip May 10th (Reno) drivers needed
- Students use inventive (phonetic spelling) at school. Please do not spell for them - encourage them to sound out words. They should write any sounds they here. Do not worry - I understand K writing! It doesn't have to be perfect. We all do the best we can.
- Please send I.S. in on Monday
- Please be at school by 8:30
I.S. for Friday, March 30th. There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Do a how-to writing about something using sequential words like first, next, then and last about brushing your teeth, getting dressed, making a sandwich, hunting for eggs, etc...
- Write about your Easter.
- Count your eggs if you do a hunt and sort them by different attributes. Make a graph showing the different kinds of eggs you found.
- Write 3 sentences or write a story using some of the heart words and illustrate.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about The Easter Bunny's Assistant. What were the instructions for dying eggs? What problem did the bunny have with skunk? How did he solve the problem?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl,