I am keeping this short as I am tired and will be busy with interviews all day tomorrow for the 1st grade teacher. Also, we are hiring a K teacher for next year as I am taking a sabbatical. I am hoping to teach internationally so keep your fingers crossed that the right opportunity comes along. BIG CHANGE for my daughter and I but we are excited for an adventure!
- June 7th- Volunteer appreciation tea 12:15 at school for all our wonderful volunteers- YOU!!!
- June 7th- Creekside trash pick up 1:30-2:30
- June 13th- Creekside talent show 9:00-10:30 must audition with Mr. Stan
- June 13th- Kindergarten end of year celebration party! 11:00
- June 14th- last day of school CARNIVAL 11:00, dismissal at 12:15
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Practice writing your first and last name neatly.
- READ lots!!
- Write a letter to a friend in our class and give it to them on Monday.
- Use a recipe to make something with someone at home.
- Do a chore for someone and write about what you did.
- Play a board or card game.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Hello Ocean. Ask your child about how the author used her 5 senses to describe the ocean and see if they can explain figurative language to you.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite, how, when, black, blue, was, what, think, wish, why, where, went, your