This week we discussed Mo Williams, Knuffle Bunny, and students wrote about a time that they have lost something and also discussed the setting and how stories can have different settings.
We did more pumpkin measuring and students are working on being a good team member when working with a partner. Ask your child how they measured the height and circumference of the pumpkins.
10/30- K picture day for Creekside calendar- bring your well behaved pet if you would like (then it goes home) 8:30
10/31- Halloween parade 8:35, class celebration 1:45
11/2- I.S. day (teacher professional development)
11/16- Creekside Feast at Bar One 3-6
I.S. for Friday Oct.27 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing numbers 1-6 correctly. If your child can do this then practice to 20 and counting to 100
- Measure your pumpkins at home (if you have any) like we did at school.
- Draw a picture of yourself in your Halloween costume and write what you are.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child to tell you about Knuffle Bunny
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no