We had a wonderful tea party thanks to Kat for organizing and bringing all the beautiful China and thanks to all the parents who brought wonderful treats, flowers, tea, etc. to make the occasion so special! Students did a terrific job practicing their polite manners and sipping tea daintily.
I appreciate all your work with your child to create a fun 100th day project. The students loved sharing them and we got to do lots of counting!
Thanks to our extraordinary HOTM volunteer Emily Williams, the kids discovered that THEY ALL LIKE KALE!! Many had never tried this superfood and they sampled raw kale, kale and fruit smoothie, kale chips and kale dip which was a BIG hit! The recipe is attached to the email so that you can have your child (put them to work) make it for you! She also led the class in some really fun partner stretches (pics attached to email).
Keep reading and writing this week with your students so we can come back strong and hit the ground running. Time seems to speed up this time of year and we've lots more to learn!
February 19-23rd Ski/ Skate Week
February 27th- Creekside Winter Olympics
February 28th- Olympic Medal Ceremony 8:30am
February 29th: Open PTO/ Social at Dubliner- 3:00pm
I.S. for Friday Feb.16th There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Go through your valentines and sort them 3 different ways (by color, shape, design, size, etc..) write how you sorted and how many of each you had.
- Watch the president video and write a sentence or two about something you learn, then illustrate.
- Make kale dip for your family (or something else) then write the steps of what you did.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Duck For President. What was Duck's problem and how did he solve it?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was