Thank you to Piper and her family for sharing their Creekside experience with interested families on Tuesday night. We have our second open house this Wednesday if anyone is interested in attending to promote our school.
The Leprechauns will no doubt visit our classroom this Thursday so be sure to be on time to catch the mischievousness. The door will open at 8:30! Send your leprechaun traps in on Wednesday so we can set them up in time. If anyone would like to send in a fun green snack for Thursday, I'm sure the class would enjoy.
- Students use inventive (phonetic spelling) at school. Please do not spell for them - encourage them to sound out words. They should write any sounds they here. Do not worry - I understand K writing! It doesn't have to be perfect. We all do the best we can.
- Please send I.S. in on Monday
- Please be at school by 8:30
- Please send your child with mittens/gloves for recess
I.S. for Friday, March 9th. There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total
- Do an iReady Math lesson each day or do any other Math you like. We have been learning about and building solid shapes: sphere, cube, cylinder, and cone.
- In honor of Women, share some inspiring stories of women in history who have made a difference. 2 articles are attached to email to read to your child or pick any other women to share their stories with your child.
- Pick one of the women you learned about to draw. Write 2-4 sentences about something you learned about this person and why she is special.
- Makie a leprechaun trap to share with the class beginning March 12th. We will attempt to catch leprechauns in our classroom March 15th as they tend to visit early.
- Write 3 sentences or write a story using some of the heart words and illustrate.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Koala Lou. What was her problem and what did she do to try and solve it?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with