This week students made insects and then wrote about them. Ask your child some facts they know about insects and bugs. We will search for insects next week and observe their behavior. Ask your child if a spider is an insect.
We had a wonderful assembly on Monday afternoon with the stunt bike riders who also talked about the importance of good character. So Rad!
Many thanks to our HOTM goddess, Emily Williams, for teaching us about the health benefits of peas. Students sampled both snow and sugar peas. YUM! Students were also quite fond of the pea crisps that she brought.
- May 4th -Creekside GALA fundraiser at OVL
- May 10th-Andelin Farm field trip (Reno) I have plenty of drivers. Please let me know if you would rather opt out.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Make a flap book (like Juniper C. Sophia S. Asha) giving clues about different animals and asking the question, "what is it?"
- Make another insect and write about it.
- Find insects outside to observe and write/illustrate about what you see.
- Watch the insect video
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Piggie Pie. Do you think it was a good idea that Gritch wrote, "surrender piggies" in the sky? Why or why not?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite, how, when