Thanks for all the pumpkins that came in this week! We had lots of fun measuring and comparing pumpkins in our patch and used them to write Math sentences. We will do more of that next week.
Students made paper mache ornaments with Ms. Alicia as a fundraiser for disaster victims on Thursday. It was a perfect nice weather day for an outdoor art project.
We've been reading Bat Loves The Night by Nicola Davies and learning all about bats. Ask your child to tell you some bat facts. The Echolation video is always a big hit and I've attached it to my email so you can hear it re-sung non-stop as I do. Your welcome!
10/23-10/27- Conference week 12:15 dismissal Please bring your child to our conference.
10/23- 9-10 Native American Dancer assembly in the O House at Squaw
11/2- I.S. day (teacher professional development)
11/16- Creekside Feast at Bar One 3-6
I.S. for Friday Oct.20 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing numbers 1-6 correctly. If your child can do this then practice to 20 and counting to 100
- Make some pumpkin dip or roast some pumpkin seeds after you carve a jack-o-lantern :)
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child to tell you about Bat Loves The Night
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we