We had a great assembly on Thursday where we highlighted some problems that our trash causes for the animals around us. We need to make sure not to litter, bring lunches home at night and work on reducing our trash by not throwing away uneaten food and reusing lunch bags and containers.
Students are working on writing letters and numbers correctly and blending sounds to make words. We are finding hidden partners within numbers and doing Marci Cook number tiles.
Next week we will learn about the life cycle of a pumpkin and compare pumpkins and apples.
10/9-Charleston Wrap fundraiser deadline
10/23-10/27- Conference week 12:15 dismissal
I.S. for Friday Oct. 6 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing your name using the name ticket book in your folder
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child to tell you about Chrysanthemum by Keven Henkes. Have your child talk about similarities and differences between this book and Lily's Plastic Purse.
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and