We had a fun time picking up trash yesterday afternoon around campus and then the kids enjoyed popsicles to celebrate.
Can't believe we are rounding it up here for the last week of school! CRAZY!! I am really going to miss my little kindergarten friends, and their families. It's been a fabulous journey we've taken this year and I hope we will all stay connected in some way. I don't know what my future will look like next year but I'm imagining myself and my daughter in some wonderful place where people want to come visit us!
Thank you all for your fabulous support this year and for sharing your most precious possessions with me. Keep reading to your kids this summer and encouraging writing and other natural learning experiences.
Here's what next week looks like:
- June 12-hike up Shirley Canyon after lunch
- June 13th- Creekside talent show 9:00-10:30 must audition with Mr. Stan
- June 13th- Kindergarten end of year/summer birthday celebration party! 11:00-12:30 (google doc for food sign-ups)
- June 14th- last day of school CARNIVAL 11:00 Parents are welcome, dismissal at 12:15
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Practice writing your first and last name neatly.
- READ lots!!
- Write a letter to a friend in our class and give it to them on Monday.
- Use a recipe to make something with someone at home.
- Do a chore for someone and write about what you did.
- Play a board or card game.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Goldilocks and the 3 Dinosaurs. Ask your child about how they knew the Dinosaurs had read the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite, how, when, black, blue, was, what, think, wish, why, where, went, your, she, he