Be sure to check out our MLK portraits and writing about polar bears in the classroom.
Math club starts this Wednesday! Let me know if you'd like your child to participate.
On February 14th we will have our annual Valentine tea party. Please let me know if you'd like to be the party planning King or Queen.
I encourage students to make their own Valentine's to pass out to the class. This is a great activity that can be done as part of Friday's I.S. so I'm giving advance notice in case you want to get started. It might be nice to do a few each week so it's not a big chore. You can go full tilt Pinterest crafty or super simple post-it note. Whatever works for you! It's great writing practice. I've included a class list.
If your child is leaving early to go skiing they should do some IS work. I would suggest a Math or LA iReady lesson or a writing/drawing paper. You are welcome to paper in the classroom if your child likes that. I would appreciate it if you could be in charge of turning in the work every week. I want your child to be ready and strong for first grade!
2/14 Valentine Tea Party 11:45
I.S. for Friday Jan. 19th. There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Watch water cycle video and draw/paint/build a model of the water cycle.
- Draw a snowman/woman and write about what it does at night.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Work on class Valentines
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today