Students have been working hard on "how to" writing and are showing good progress. Please have your child do one today for I.S. so you can see if you see progress from last week's writing or if it seems like they could use some more practice. Please assist them with sounding out the words for themselves and not spelling for them. We are practicing using sequential words like: first, next, then and last.
We have been discussing our essential question that all of Creekside is addressing which is, how do my choices affect Squaw Valley today, tomorrow and 100 years from today? We will be making an informational video to present at Squaw's Earth Day, April 21st.
In Math we are learning about capacity and estimating which containers can hold more than others. We have been pouring rice from one container to another to compare and this is something great to play with at home with rice, beans or water in the bathtub.
- April 21st-Earth Day at Squaw 11-3
- May 10th-Andelin Farm field trip (Reno) drivers needed
I.S. for Friday, April 6th. There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Do a how-to writing about something using sequential words like first, next, then and last about brushing your teeth, getting dressed, making a sandwich, riding a bike, cooking an egg, cleaning your room, ... Remember that these are directed at teaching someone else to do something so you don't say "I".
- Write about something you want to do next week or plan to do.
- Use different containers to play with capacity. Draw a picture graph of the containers you used and write which one held the most of whatever you were measuring.
- Write 3 sentences or write a story using some of the heart words and illustrate.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Tops and Bottoms. How did Hare trick Bear and do you think that was fair? Are you more like Hare or Bear and why?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy