Thank you to Juniper W. and her mom for bringing in lots of homemade play-dough for us to use to practice making lines and shapes. We love play-dough!
We are beginning a unit on the weather and will be working on understanding patterns and variations in our local weather. Students will be doing weather reports and making videos. Speaking of weather... it would be helpful to begin a practice of checking the weather with your child in the morning so that they can plan ahead to bring what they will need for recess time to stay warm and dry.
The class is singing lots of fun Spanish songs and drawing bats. In music they are playing many different instruments and leaning about notes. Ask your child to tell you about this.
This week students can take the abc challenge and recite the alphabet with signs, sounds and motions to earn a certificate. Please help your child practice so they can achieve this goal.
9/20-10/4-Charleston Wrap fundraiser (packet in your child's folder)
I.S. for Friday Sept.22 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing your name using the name ticket book in your folder
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed.
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child to tell you about, The Recess Queen. We read this book many times this week and discussed how the character changed from the beginning of the book to the end and why she was mean to everyone at school and what caused her to change.
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a