We conducted a sink float test with an apple and a pumpkin and discovered that everything but the apple seeds float.
Students illustrated sentences about bats after they cut out those sentences and put them in order. Look for them in your child's folder next week. Next week we will be talking about families and how they celebrate Thanksgiving and also learning about owls.
Sorry about the confusion with the Creekside calendar. We had to make a change which caused us not to be able to proceed last week but we are on for this Tuesday morning so please bring your pet if you would like it to be included in our class photo.
This is what will go out in the Chat:
We are doing a Creekside pet calendar this year! This is a new endeavor and we'd love to have all pets involved that would care to join in the fun. Your teacher will let you know what day next week your class photo will happen. This is low-key, candid and hopefully not a big hassle for you. If your pet can't make it but you'd really like them to be included, you can email a photo to your teacher and we will do our best to use it as an inset in that class's month. Calendars will go on sale in early December and we anticipate them to be about $15. We think these will be a really cool way to stay updated with upcoming Creekside events. Thank you for your help!
Nov. 7- K picture day for Creekside calendar- bring your well behaved pet if you would like (then it goes home) 8:30
11/16- Creekside Feast at Bar One 3-6
11/20-21 I.S. days
11/22-24 Thanksgiving break
I.S. for Friday Nov.3 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing numbers 1-7 correctly. If your child can do this then practice to 20 and counting to 100
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Draw a picture of something you like to do on a rainy day and write about it.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child to tell you about Scardey Squirrel. How did he change from the beginning of the story to the end and what happened that caused this change.
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is