We are using number bonds in Math to compose and decompose numbers. We are woking with tens and ones and doing Math sprints to quickly recall facts.
This is the time of year when many students are making huge break throughs in their reading so please encourage practice at home as well as continuing to read to your child.
- May 24th- I.S. day - no classes!
- May 31st- library and farmer's market trip on TART (need parents to meet at Common's Beach)
- May 31st- Souperbowl potluck at OVL 3:00.
- May 31st- Open House 5:30-6:30
- June 7th- Volunteer appreciation tea 12:15 at school for all our wonderful volunteers- YOU!!!
- June 7th- Creekside trash pick up 1:30-2:30
- June 13th- Creekside talent show 9:00-10:30 must audition with Mr. Stan
- June 13th- Kindergarten end of year celebration party! 11:00
- June 14th- last day of school CARNIVAL 11:00, dismissal at 12:15
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Make a flap book giving clues about different oviparous animals and asking the question, "what is it?"
- Ask your child to show you how a number bond works and to tell different stories about things using it. I bought 7 cookies and 5 brownies so how many things did I buy altogether at the bakery?
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Draw what you think our chicks will look like (color?) and draw how many you think will hatch from the 12 eggs.
- Ask your child about How I Became a Pirate. Ask them to talk like a pirate and to tell you why Jeremy Jacobs decided he did not want to be one forever. The book said pirates sleep with one eye open. Write about why you think they do that.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite, how, when, black, blue, was, what, think, wish