We have been reading, Chickens Aren't the Only Ones, and learning all about oviparous and viviparous animals. Chickens may not be the most exiting oviparous animal but perhaps one of the easiest and most palatable one for us to attempt to incubate. May 21st is our hopeful hatch date. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!
Check out the pictures of our budding entomologists in the field searching out insects (ew, scorpion?!!) and then writing about the habitat of the insects. Who knew bugs could be SOOOO exciting?!
- May 4th -Creekside GALA fundraiser at OVL SEE YOU THERE!!
- May 10th-Andelin Farm field trip (Reno) I have plenty of drivers. Please let me know if you would rather opt out.
- May 17th- KidZone!!! 9:30-12:30, need drivers please.
- May 31st- library and farmer's market trip on TART (need parents to meet at Common's Beach)
- May 31st- Souperbowl potluck at OVL 3:30
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Make a flap book giving clues about different oviparous animals and asking the question, "what is it?"
- Make an oviparous animal and write about it.
- Practice, "more than" and "fewer than" sentences when comparing two items.
- Use a bowl of some small item (raisins, cheerios, blueberries, etc...) to practice estimating. How many do you estimate you have? Dump them out and put in groups of 5 (then 10) to count. When you are 1/2 way done you can make a second estimate. How close were your estimates? Try again with something else.
- Find insects outside to observe and write/illustrate about what you see. Make a graph showing the different insects you found and how many of each you counted.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Chickens Aren't the Only Ones. Tell someone the difference between Oviparous and Viviparous animals. Give examples.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite, how, when, black, blue