On a personal note my mom and brother have been evacuated from their homes in Montecito. Second time in about a month. My daughter and I heard my brother on the radio this morning on NPR. It’s surreal but a reminder that we are not in control of anything and I’m trying to BREATHE and am thankful for all the good things in my life. Creekside is one of them!
I am off to Santa Clara today with Ms. Marisa for the California Kindergarten conference this weekend. We are excited to learn some fun things to bring back to our students!
1/15 MLK holiday - no school
I.S. for Friday Jan. 12 There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Ask your child to tell you why MLK is important. Have him/her draw a picture showing something they can do to be like him and write a sentence.
- Watch the video attached to the email and discuss.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Make a thank you card for someone and send it to them
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child about Ice Bear by Nicola Davies
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear