Our class will be reciting Shel Silverstein's Hug-o-War poem to kick off our kindness assembly this Monday with the first graders.
We are looking forward to our special Valentine Tea Party this Wednesday. Kat Smolen sent a google doc for you to sign up to bring something if you would like. Students will NOT need a lunch that day - only a snack for morning recess. All parents are welcome to join us if you would like to attend the party. Please send your child's valentines next week -by Wednesday!
TK is collecting plastic caps for an art project. We have a can in our classroom for collections.
February 5th: CCM Board Meeting @ 4:00
February 6th 100th day of school
February 12th Artwork fundraiser check due if you would like to participate.
February 12th: All School Assembly 12pm
February 12th: Keeping our kids safe in the digital age @6:00 - Location: OVL
February 14th Kindergarten Valentine Tea Party 11:45
February 19-23rd Ski/ Skate Week
February 28th- Creekside Winter Olympics
February 29th: Open PTO/ Social at Dubliner- 3:00pm
I.S. for Friday Feb.9th There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Watch Harry Kindergarten Math videos
- In honor of Space X draw a rocket ship using only rectangles and triangles. Count how many of each you use. Name your rocket ship and write where it is going.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Abe Lincoln's Hat. What did he do to help organize his papers so he wouldn't loose them?. What was something important he did as president?
- Make a Valentine for a grandparent and write them a letter then mail it.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Work on class Valentines: Asha, Ava, Cadence, Evy, Juniper C, Juniper W. Piper, Sofia, Sage, Bay, Mason, Zephyr, Maverick, Kellan, Christopher,
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play