We've been diving into Geometry again drawing, building, and combining shapes to make new shapes. We have been focusing on flat shapes and will be moving into solids, or 3D shapes.
This Tuesday, February 6th, will be our 100th day of school and we will celebrate with some fun activities.
Kat has volunteered to be our Valentine Tea Party coordinating Queen and will send out a google doc for sign-ups for our special event. We need tablecloths, flowers in little vases, tea, teapots, honey, milk in little containers to pour, tea sandwiches (cucumber and cream cheese, jam and cheese, etc...) little scones, fruit. PLEASE NO P.B. Please remember Creekside's nutrition policy when bringing food.
PLEASE: If you pick your child up early on Thursday it would be great if you could take their folder home with you. They are in the bin by the door. Also, have your child grab their poetry binder from their book box and return them on Monday!!!!
February 5th: CCM Board Meeting @ 4:00
February 6th 100th day of school
February 12th: All School Assembly
February 12th: Keeping our kids safe in the digital age @6:00 - Location: OVL
February 14th Kindergarten Valentine Tea Party 11:45
February 19-23rd Ski/ Skate Week
February 28th- Creekside Winter Olympics
February 29th: Open PTO/ Social at Dubliner- 3:00pm
I.S. for Friday Feb.2nd There are no enrichment classes in the winter so students will need to turn in a list of work done as well as written work. This should be about 3 hours of work total.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Listen to Groundhog Day by Gail Gibbons attached to email.
- Do a 100th day project. This would be a display on a piece of paper, cardboard, piece of fabric, etc. of 10 groups of 10. You could use stickers, stamps, raisins, pasta, rubber bands, paperclips, tacks, buttons, thumbprints...The students will share these with the class all week.
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about their favorite part of Tacky The Penguin by Helen Lester. We are practicing using the word "because" to explain our opinion.
- Make a Valentine for a grandparent and write them a letter then mail it.
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Work on class Valentines: Asha, Ava, Cadence, Evy, Juniper C, Juniper W. Piper, Sofia, Sage, Bay, Mason, Zephyr, Maverick, Kellan, Christopher,
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as