We read both fiction and non-fiction books about bears this week. Ask your child to tell you what they know. Be sure to ask them why bears hibernate (difficult to find food) and ask them if leaving lunch boxes and trash accessible to the bears might make them decide not to hibernate and if they think this is good or bad and why.
Talk about any holiday customs you had in your family growing up and new ones that you have added.
12/21 Holidays around the world 10:30-11:30 on campus
1/8 Back to school!
I.S. for Friday Dec.8 -If your child is attending enrichment classes then that will meet their I.S. requirements with the addition of the following activities:
- Practice writing numbers 1-10 correctly. If your child can do this then practice to 20 and counting to 100
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Make a holiday card for someone and send it to them
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- Ask your child about Bear Snores On. Why was bear sad when he woke up and what happened to make him feel better?
- Ask your child to tell you some facts about bears. Write and illustrate a fact.
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this