Creekside will have a large booth at Earth day tomorrow from 11-5 and it would be wonderful if kindergarteners could plan to spend a bit of time in the booth talking about what they can do to protect the Earth and showing off our tapestry and video.
Next week we will be learning about insects and then diving into oviparous animals.
- April 21st-Earth Day at Squaw 11-5
- April 23rd- Spirit day (GALA inspired) please see the flyer attached to parent square
- May 4th -Creekside GALA fundraiser at OVL
- May 10th-Andelin Farm field trip (Reno) drivers needed PERMISSION SLIPS IN FOLDERS
I.S. for Friday, April 20th. This should be about 3 hours of work total. If your child attends enrichment that counts for most of their time with the addition of a Math lesson and 20 min. reading. Please send in work and/or a note in folder with a list of what your child did.
- Do an iReady Math lesson
- Go to Earth Day and write about something you learned about or something else you can do to protect the Earth and illustrate.
- Make a flap book (like Juniper C. and Asha) giving clues about different animals and asking the question, "what is it?"
- Practice counting to 100 by 1's and 10's (2's and 5's if your child wants a challenge)
- Ask your child about Hey Little Ant. What was the author trying to persuade the reader to think about?
- Practice signing letters a-z using the signing video if needed. Sign your heart words.
- Go through the work in your child's folder
- Read to your child at least 20 minutes
- practice reading/writing heart words: I, see, can, a, the, have, my, and, cat, dog, house, we, yes, no, to, is, it, love, by, because, look, book, from, this, go, get, thank, dear, going, today, they, went, will, as, am, play, are, was, come, said, at, with, you, his, end, on, boy, girl, if, happy, be, favorite